FFP collects and uses personal information from donors that includes: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and donor comments when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, FFP keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used in our development process to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make accurate budget projections.
FFP does not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses of our donors. FFP will use contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for these purposes only:
· Distribute receipts for donations
· Thank donors for their donation
· Inform donors about news, upcoming fundraising events and other activities of FFP
· Internal analysis and record keeping
· Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
· Contact donors about changes to this policy
As a rule, FFP publicly recognizes a donor by publishing a donor’s name unless the donor explicitly chooses the “anonymous” field when making a donation by mail or online. Properly anonymized donor information can be used for promotional and fundraising activities.
Foundation for Financial Planning, Inc.
1425 K Street, NW, Ste 750
Washington, DC 20005